Able Company Limited
Able Company Limited is the sole representative in Malta of the renowned and multi-award-winning air-conditioning brand Fujitsu. The company specialises in both commercial and domestic air conditioning projects ranging from small wall-mounted systems to the large-scale projects.
The company is restructuring its operations and is seeking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC Technician to join our dynamic team. The HVAC technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems. Whilst reporting to the Operations Administrator, the HVAC Technician will be responsible for the air quality systems of commercial and domestic air conditions from installation to end-of-life, by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain and repair ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identify maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical faults, repair, and service HVAC equipment in a timely and professional manner by making use of instruction manuals and circuit diagrams.
- Perform emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Provide technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keep daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensure compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Build and maintain an excellent rapport with clients based on an excellent communication and mutual trust whilst assisting with customers’ queries.
- Prepare the daily parts and tools required for the scheduled appointments
- Responsible for company tools and vehicle assigned.
- Maintain a clean vehicle whilst good hygiene and cleanliness is required at all times.
- 40 hours a week from Monday to Saturday, with the possibility to work over weekends, and on public holidays in case of emergency.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a similar position and willingness to continue education in the HVAC field.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Be fluent preferably in Maltese and English language, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Knowledge of VRF system would be considered and asset.
- Be patient and possess troubleshooting skills.
- Have good organisational and planning skills.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be a good team player, responsible and accountable.
- Be customer service oriented ensuring customer satisfaction, safety and comfort.
- Be able to work efficiently under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
Education and Training
- Have an MCAST or equivalent HVAC Diploma.
- Have an F-Gas License and Certificate.
- Working knowledge of ventilation systems.
- Wire man license A & B would be considered an asset.
- Have a valid and clean category B driving license and be able to drive to local assigned job sites on a daily basis.
- European passport or working permission to work in Malta.
- A clean police conduct certificate must be presented.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Prospective candidates are kindly requested to apply via email by sending an application together with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org